Saturday, March 6, 2010

HSS Band 2009-10.57 CONGRATS to Hayfield Bands!

Hi Band Boosters,

Wow -- absolutely wonderful job by the Symphonic band on Friday evening and Wind Ensemble today at the District 10 Band Festival.

Symphonic band scored an overall rating of II - Excellent (including a I - Superior - on sight reading).

The Wind Ensemble got straight I's from all the judges --- and a I on sight reading, for a perfect score of all I's (Superior)!!!

Hard work by all the students -- and Mr. Burke -- really paid off in the festival with some great (I mean "superior!") performances. Congratulations to one and all!

And, parents -- thanks for all your support as well. One of the volunteers at South County today told us that Hayfield had the largest group of supporters/helpers he had seen all weekend.

Proud to be a band parent,
Lorraine Monaco
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------